Hello ladies! I have had a lot of you ask what my secret was to getting back into a bikini just 4 months after giving birth. Besides maintaining a healthy diet and exercise, I used these two products to help fast forward things and feel confident in my own skin after pregnancy:
– Mederma Stretch Marks Therepy
Though expensive, this product is worth every dime. Apply on your tummy, hips, and butt, two to three times a day, during and after pregnancy. (Mederma is safe to use during pregnancy, as long as you start applying it after you first trimester. Always talk to your Doctor before using these types of products during pregnancy.) I believe the reason I have very few stretch marks is because of this product, and the few that did appear have drastically faded. Walmart offers the lowest price and inside every box, offers a coupon for your next purchase.
– Medela Postpartum Support Wrap
Wrapping your postpartum belly is a must! Many women believe that belly wrapping helps to flatten your stomach after birth. It is safe to wrap your belly immediately after having a baby. I had to wait a couple of days for my water weight to drop before the band fit me. This wrap helps compress your uterus to not only return the uterus to its original size, but to help swelling go down and extra fluid come out. The wrap should be worn for a full six weeks. Some women prefer wearing it a few hours a day, while others prefer to wear it all day, everyday. If I was awake, the wrap was on. Although, it is safe to wear the band both day and night. I just found it too uncomfortable for me to sleep in. For the lowest price, you can purchase it for just under $20 at Walmart. I also purchased a Gold’s Gym Waist Trimmer Belt at Walmart, for just under $5, to wear when I worked out.
Here are a few more tips to help loose the pregnancy weight:
– Drink lots of water. The more you drink, the less your body will retain water. Drinking plenty of water also helps burn calories faster.
– Get a goodnight sleep. I know having a newborn means less sleep. The first 4 weeks after having your baby should be used to rest and recover. You know you’ve heard it a thousand times, “Sleep when baby sleeps.” Don’t worry about household chores. While you sleep, your uterus will shrink. You’ll gain more energy and rely less on food or caffeine to help keep your energy level up, which means less calorie intake.
– Eat a balanced diet. Especially when it comes to breakfast. Even if you usually don’t eat breakfast, make it a habit now. Do not skip any meals. A well balanced diet can actually bust your metabolism, which is why breakfast is so important. Your first meal sets your metabolism for the rest of the day.
– Eat when you are hungry. Avoid eating out of boredom or impulse. Only eat when you are hungry and eat until you are full. Don’t push yourself to clear your plate.
– Exercise. Even if it’s just a little. A small amount of exercise everyday is better than none at all. Just make sure to get your Doctor’s approval and don’t start before your six week postpartum checkup!
– Breastfeeding. You may be surprised at how much weight you lose naturally while breastfeeding. Breastfeeding mothers burn up to 300-500 calories a day!
If you have any tips or tricks to help loose pregnancy weight quickly, share and comment below! I’d love to hear from you!
Thank you so much for reading!